Springtime is upon us Queens so that means there’s tons of new beauty trends you’re sure to spot while you’re out and about. If you’re busy running your kingdom and raising princes(ses) I’m sure you think you’ll hardly find the time to keep up with it all. So that’s where I come in. I’ve compiled some of the top Spring 2013 beauty trends and how YOU, yes the busy Queen that you are can rock the hottest looks, without breaking the bank, or taking up too much of your already full day.
Here’s what’s hot for Spring 2013:
- Keep a fresh face.
- Spare no eyeliner: Wing it out up top, smudge it out down bottom.
- POP of color: PINK seems to be the color of the season so don’t be scared to rock the brightest shade you can find!
- Soft versus bold: Bright dramatic eyes with a nude lip. Or bright lip and keep the eyes neutral.
- Bold brows and Lustrous Lashes.
- Be Brave!
Simple enough. So how can You achieve it?
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream: BB Creams are all the rave this Spring. What they are is a cream that blends skincare with makeup in one step. And I LOVE multitasking so BB Creams are good in my book. This particular BB Cream is an 8 in 1 Cream that: “Smooths, hydrates, blurs imperfections, brightens, evens skin tones, enhances, protects with SPF 30, and has 0% oil”. Comes in 5 shades (I use the Deep 140 the darkest shade they have). Price tag will run you about $8.
- Elf Cosmetics Waterproof Eyeliner Pen: If you’re not very experienced with makeup but you want to achieve that dramatic eyeliner look I definitely recommend using a Pen. It’s easier to hold and most have a felt tip which makes the overall application feel more natural. Perfect for achieving the winged liner look. And it’s quick! This is my go to eyeliner when I’m in a hurry which is like everyday and guess what…it’s only $2!
- Maybelline Color Sensational Fuchsia Fever Lipstick: I love Maybelliene lipsticks and this is one of my favorites. A bright bold pink that is perfect for when you’ve gone light on the eyes and you need that POP to complete your look! Around $7.
- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24 Cream Gel Shadow: What a name. Self explanatoryThis vibrant eyeshadow comes in 9 bright colors that are so easy and creamy to apply. And they stay on ALL DAY. So no need to reapply. And the best part about them is they are best applied with your fingertips so now I have an excuse not to waste time with brushes ;). Priced a bit expensive for a single shadow to me, but worth it. About $6.
- Elf Studio Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara: LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara. It really does exactly what it says it does. Lengthens and Volumizes. Giving my lashes that much needed boost without having to apply falsies because…ain’t nobody got time for that! And again can you really beat $3?!?
These are all products I use on a daily basis so if you ever have any questions, want to see them in use, or simply want a more detailed review please let me know!
This Brown Queen