So I’m into my 3rd month on my transition to natural hair. It’s probably one of the hardest, liberating, refreshing, dramatic, and frustrating things I have ever attempted. I’m learning. I’m failing. I’m learning some more. I’m failing again. Repeat. I’m going to post my official regimen and current products soon but since it’s been a minute since I’ve updated you guys on my crown I decided to give you guys this quick update on THIS curly queens transition. Ready, set, GO.
1. My edges stand alone. They are independent. They don’t care what the rest of the team is doing. They gonna do them.
2. She likes water for moisture. Dassit. Mixing with anything else serves no purpose. Don’t add any oil. Leave the conditioner out. Plain old water is what she likes.
3. I don’t have a hair type. I have hair TYPES. The middle is reckless. I’d say 4B. The sides and front on some days can legit qualify as 3C. The rest 4A. So yea. That’s at least 3. And I’m sure there are some more I didn’t come across yet.
4. I have YET to find THE ONE. You know the product I can’t live without, swear by, staple, whatever you wanna call it. I have not found it.
5. My ends will be the END of me.
6. I’m literally going on at least 10 weeks heat free! If nothing else this is a HUGE accomplishment for me.
7. I think other people like my hair more than I do some days. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE my hair but I get those awkward moments where I’m just like…O_O but then someone is like GURRRLLL your hair and then I’m like 😀
8. If I don’t prep my hair at night, there is NO hope, absolutely NO HOPE for the next day. Don’t even try. Wear a hat, turban, or just stay in the house. Don’t do it.
9. I must not be detangling right. It doesn’t take me long at all. So I must be missing something…right?
10. I don’t know how to “save” my twistouts. Yup I retwist every night. Bad news: I retwist every night. We covered that. Good news: I can do it fast now. Like REAL fast.
That’s all I got for now. Regimen, products, and more coming soon.
Peace, Love, & Blessings,
This Brown Queen