Every beauty queen can agree that there is always that one product that alludes us. No matter how much of it we have, we want more! Maybe because we’re just that obsessed. Like say, my slightly unhealthy obsession with brow pencils…I can’t seem to get enough. But sometimes, it’s because we just haven’t found what we’re looking for. For THIS brown queen it’s concealer. Concealer has been the most difficult product for me to find a LOVE. I have my favorite signature lipstick. I have my go to foundation. I have my staple blush. But concealer? It’s always a guess. Every time I do my make up, I use a different one…or a combination of ones. So I thought I’d help my fellow beauty queens and go through my make up collection to bring you this quick list and of tried and tested concealers of THIS brown queen. Hopefully I can help a beauty out there who is going through my same struggles ;).
1. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer ~ One of the first concealers I purchased. I use the Fit Me foundation so it only made sense to purchase the concealer to go along with. The applicator is the sponge tip stick which allows for easy and controlled application. The consistency is very smooth and easy to blend. I use this under my eyes when I’m doing a full face. The darkest shade is a bit too light for me personally so it’s definitely not good for my brows and I wouldn’t wear this one daily.
2. CoverGirl Queen Collection Concealer ~ The consistency and application reminds me of the Maybelline concealer. I can’t say I notice a real difference. What’s great about this one though is the range of shades is much broader. They have deeper tones for us brown girls so you can find a shade that works for you. I tend to use this mostly to clean up my brows and to cover and dark spots on my face. Especially in the summer when I forgo the foundation, I’ll dab this concealer and blend. Perfect.
3. Black Opal Concealer Stick ~ Currently my favorite concealer. Picked this up on a whim at CVS and wasn’t really expecting to like it. I don’t really like stick concealers. The color is the PERFECT match to brighten up under my eyes for daily use. I’m not keen on the smell though…smells a little “makeup-ey” but works great.
4. Elf Concealer Palette in Dark ~ Meh. I don’t like the coverage, consistency or application of this product. It just is a miss for me. Was only $3 I believe so…yeah…
5. BH Cosmetics 10 Color Concealer Palette ~ I purchased this for a freelance gig I had a while back. It’s very thick and creamy…a bit difficult to blend but the range of shades is great. I could mix shades to get a perfect match which I love. I don’t use this on myself personally, but I have used it on a few people and it does the job.
So that’s about half of my concealer collection in a nutshell. It’s an ever growing collection I’m sure. What concealer do you use? Let me know your favorites so I can try them out!
Peace, Love, & Blessings
Founder & Editor of This Brown Queen