When it comes to this beauty thing, it’s easy to blog endlessly about the newest lipstick or favorite bronzer or which foundation I’m loving at the moment (because it’s forever changing). But I know for me, one thing that I tend to overlook here on the blog is the importance of caring for your skin. I’ll be honest though, and I’m no professional, but I’ve watched my fair share of YouTube videos where the skin care routine is literally 50 million steps and I’m just O_O yea, no. Ain’t nobody got time for that. But some type of skincare regimen is important. Especially in the summer when you’re out in the sun, beach, oily, sweaty and…you get the picture.
A skincare routine for me is much like any thing else I do. From my hair to my wardrobe, I just want it to be simple and look nice. Dassit. So over the past few months I’ve tried to find an easy regimen that gets the job done. And I think I’ve found just that!
1. Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Soap: So are y’all tired of me talking about this brand yet? I just really love them and their products, especially this Coconut & Hisbiscus line. They just work so well for me. I use this skin brightening face and body bar daily and it really has done wonders to even out my skin tone.
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin: This is the first moisturizer I’ve ever used and maybe I’m biased but no matter what other ones I try, I go back to this. There’s nothing fancy about it, but it’s oil free and for sensitive skin so I’m just here for it. I use this daily after cleansing.
3. Que Bella Clarifying Cucumber Peel-Off Mask: I grabbed this in Target when I was wandering the beauty section unattended (I take the Mr. with me sometimes so I don’t get distracted. When I don’t, this happens lol) one day. I’ve never seen them before and I think the trial size was only like $2 and somehow it ended up in my cart. Any way, I use this mask maybe once a week or every other week to clarify my skin. It really picks up all the excess “stuff” that you can’t see…until you peel the mask off. It’s kinda scary so beware. It does a great job of making my skin feel really clean but not that dry “squeaky” clean feel.
4. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes: I’m obsessed with these makeup wipes. They are just sooo gentle. I’ve used wipes before that make my overly sensitive eyes burn but not these and I love them for it. I use these every night whether I wore makeup that day or night to just wipe my face clean before cleansing.
5. Water: You knew it was coming. I wasn’t about to write a whole post about skin and not mention how important it is to drink water. I wasn’t a big water fan but I knew I needed to drink more. Like it was really important for both my health and skin so I’ve been drinking the recommended 8 glasses and then some. It works. For real.
**Don’t forget the SPF! Especially in the summer. Usually I’m covered there with my BB Cream or Tinted Moisturizer and even some of my foundations. If you don’t use anything else that contains it make sure you add that to your routine!**
That’s all I use. In that order. Skin out here flourishing. Yasss hunny. *Twirls*
Stay blessed beautiful!