Hello Loves. As you all know brown beauty is my thing. It’s what I do. I’ve always been very passionate about the beauty industry and it’s seemingly blind eye towards women of color. Some brands get it…most do not. I’ve been very firm in my stance and have strived to support those brands that support us. The beauty industry has definitely come a long way and there’s still ways to go, but you can imagine how truly happy I was to come across this article highlighting a new age in brown beauty.
What’s on my June Beauty Shopping List? The real question is what’s not?! As ya’ll know I do everything on a budget. I love Love LOVE beauty buys but EVERY THING IN MODERATION QUEENS! So, I created this must have list that includes some key things I’ll be getting for the month of June. Broken down into 3 categories: hair, makeup, and skin.
1. L’Oreal EverCurl Hyracharge Leave In Cream, Scuplt and Hold Cream, Hydracharge Conditioner ~ You know by now that I’m on this natural hair journey and I’m still in the phase where I’m just trying to figure out what works. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this line and I’m excited to try these!
2. L’Oreal Studio Secrets No. 1 Magic Perfecting Base ~ Looking for a drugstore primer. Tried NYC and didn’t notice a difference. To be honest…I was kinda scared to use it. I’m all about a bargain but it was SUPER cheap. Made me nervous. Don’t judge me.
3. Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo in Tenacious Teal & Painted Purple ~ Have you seen these colors? Matter fact have you seen the line in general? Need I say more?
4. Maybelline ColorShow Nail Lacquer in Chiffon Chic & Fierce N Tangy ~ I’m obsessed with the Colorshow nail polish line. Absolutely obsessed. I know everyone raves over our beloved Essie…but do I really need to reiterate that I’m a budget queen?
6. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Cappuccino ~ My favorite YouTube beauty guru Makeupdoll included this in her top 5 drugstore foundations. You don’t gotta say much more to me!
7. L’Oreal Sublime Sun Sheer Protect Sunscreen Oil Spray ~ It’s summertime! I don’t know about ya’ll but THIS family lives at the beach. It’s fun. It’s close. It’s FREE. So sunscreen is a must have. Came across this in my June Vogue issue so I’m giving it a shot.
8. Ambi Complexion Cleansing Bar ~ I used to LOVE this cleansing bar. I honestly don’t know why I stopped using it but I’ve been noticing my complexion is changing and I’m hoping this can get me back!
9. Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch & Quenched ~ I love the baby lips line. I’ve tried all the rest except these two.
That’s my list and I’m sticking to it!
What’s on your June Beauty List? What are your summer must have beauty items?
Peace, Love, & Blessings,
This Brown Queen