Happy Friday Queens! TGIF, TGIF. It’s been forever since I’ve done a Fab Friday post! To be honest, whenever I have a blog worthy beat face, I never remember to take a pic. Le sigh, such is life. But I’m working on this for you loves! And here it is! My current favorite makeup! Enjoy!
Whew! Here we are one month in to 2014 and I’m already exhausted! All for good reason! Things have been pretty insane both in my personal and professional life. I didn’t exactly post as often as I was hoping in January, BUT the great news is I surpassed my blog goal! And it’s all thanks to you guys! I always say this and I will continue to do so, but I really do appreciate every single reader, view, comment, and like! You the best!
Hello Queens! I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend! I hope ya’ll ate well, didn’t break the bank on black friday, and shopped small biz on Saturday! I know I did! Today I wanna talk about Nude lipstick. A staple item every beauty needs in their collection. Whether your style is natural, no make up make up or you’re a bold diva, nude lipstick is the perfect ending to any beat. There’s just one problem when you’re a brown girl. What color is nude? When you’re a brown girl “nude” comes in a variety of shades and undertones. I’ve had my fair share of troubles searching for my nude in the beauty industry. You already know. The brown girl struggle! But, the good news is there are nude shades out there that we can rock! Yup and because I love you so, I’ve put together my favorite shades of nude lipstick for my lovely brown beauties!
1. Kate for Rimmel London 08 ~ my favorite! A warm pink toned nude that has a semi matte finish.
2. Milani Teddy Bare ~ a very brown girl friendly brown toned nude.
3. Wet N Wild Mochalicious ~ a dark brown toned nude with a berry undertone.
4. Maybelline Warm Me Up ~ a soft pretty pink tone. Love this too!
5. Maybelline Nearly There ~ an almost sheer like frost pinky nude. Not my favorite for my tone but I do like it on lighter brown tones.
Have you tried any of these? What are some of your faves? Let me know so I can try them too!
Peace, Love & Blessings,
It’s finally fall! And by that I mean it finally actually feels like fall outside instead of this extended summer thing we’ve been dealing with. No fun. I’m not into the still being able to walk around in tshirts in the middle of October. That’s not what I like. Any way, regardless of mother nature’s plans, my fall beauty routines have been in full effect and I’ve been rocking my favorite trend daily and loving it. What trend you ask? WHY dark vampy lips of course! I’ve mentioned numerous (probably more than ya’ll care to hear but *kanye shrugs* I like lipstick) times that bold vampy lips are huge this season and I’m sure you all have had no trouble spotting beauties everywhere pulling this look off. And you can too! Here are some of my favorites for this season!
1. Maybelline Midnight Plum: Deep purple lipstick
2. Milani Black Cherry: Deep burgundy red lipstick
3. OCC Black Dahlia : Blackend Red liptar
4. Maybelline Raspberry Ablaze: Fushia based purple lip gloss
Vampy lips for Fall beauty? Get in to it Queens. Muah!
Peace, Love, & Blessings
Hey loves! If you didn’t know, last week I posted the top five beauty and fashion trends to watch out for this coming fall. There, I briefly summed up what you’ll be seeing in the fabulous season. So now, I’m breaking down the trends over the next week to show you how I plan to stay fabulous as ever this Fall!
The first Trend to Watch is: METALLICS. It’s so versatile, you can rock this trend in so many ways! Metallic manicures are stunning. Or you can be simply eye catching and create a bold metallic smokey eye. Metallic accessories. and shoes are just icing on the cake ;).
Essie For the Twill of it ~ Maybelline Bold Gold ~ Zoya Giovanna ~ OPI The World is Not Enough ~ China Glaze Rare and Radiant
Bold Metallic Eyes
Milani Metallic Baked Pink Twice ~ Bobbi Brown Burnt Sugar ~ Maybeliine Color Tattoo Silver Strike ~ Avon Liquid Eyeliner Electric Blue ~ L’Oreal HIP Ignited
Kmart ~ Michael Kors ~ Asos ~ Marc by Marc Jacobs ~ Guess
How will you be rocking your metallics this fall?
Peace, Love, & Blessings,
My loves! I’ve missed you so! I can’t believe it’s been over a week since my last post. Ya’ll have no idea how that makes me feel. Disconnected that’s how and I hate it! Please excuse my absence. My boys started football last week and now I’m trying get my entire life together because NO ONE told me how hard it was going to be with 2 hour practices EVERY DAY for preseason. WHEW! THIS brown queen is beat! But that’s no excuse Queens so here I am! WITH a new blogging schedule that you will see next week so make sure you stop by!
So…How long has it been since I’ve done a Fabulous Friday post? TOO long obviously since I have to ask. Which quite honestly makes me sad because if it’s one thing I stress here is that, as the Queens we are, we MUST take time and focus on ourselves as well. It’s easy to get caught up in your career, your family, Life. There’s always that project that needs to be done, or that practice to attend. Trust me, I know. But as the age old saying goes…if the mama ain’t happy…well ya’ll know the rest. Regardless of what it is that makes you feel great make sure you carve out time to do that! And do it OFTEN! Now that I’m off my soapbox, I bring to you a fabulous face of the day featuring TWO new products that I absolutely love, Love, LOVE and I hope you will too! Enjoy Queens! It’s FRIDAY!
Products I used:
Face ~ Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation : Listen to me, when I tell you this…THIS foundation is EVERYTHING okay. Do you see that glow? It’s flawless. And so lightweight I feel like I’m wearing nothing at all! I can’t get enough of this foundation I really can not. By far my favorite foundation yet!
Concealer – Black Opal Concealer Stick & Covergirl Queen Collection Concealer
Blush – Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
Eyeshadow – BH Cosmetics Party Girl palette, Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow palette, Elf Brightening Eye Color Quad
Liners, Primers, Mascara – Elf Eyeshadow Primer, Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner, NYC Liquid Eyeliner, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara
Lips – Milani Colorstatement Lipstick in Black Cherry : my blogger friend Asia from foreverasiam put me on to this lipstick and I promise you it’s amazinggg. I feel so sophisticated wearing it! Thanks Asia girl!
Hope you like it Queens! Make sure you stop by next week for an all new blogging schedule and some new things going on here at This Brown Queen. ALSOOO make sure you visit mindofadiva.com to see my guest post on being a budget beauty…cuz ya’ll know that’s what I do!
Peace, Love, & Blessings
Founder & Editor of This Brown Queen
It’s August! Where has the summer gone? I’m so confused. Like seriously legitimately confused. Just yesterday I was looking for camps to enroll my boys in so they wouldn’t drive me crazy all summer and now I’m looking for back to school items. I need 2013 to pump the breaks. Just for a minute! BUT, the great thing about a new month means…I can go shopping again. Time to feed my addicition! Here’s what I’m looking to get this month. We’ll see how well I stick to it this time around 😉
1. Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation : I’m a little late jumping on this train as most of my favorite bloggers talked about this being perfect for summer time weeks ago. I was super hesitant but I’m finally ready to give it a shot. Hoping I like it. You can never have too many great foundations! 😉
2. Milani EASYBROW Automatic Pencil: I’m always looking for a new brow pencil. I don’t know why. Just always on the search. Been eyeing this for awhile so we’ll see how it goes.
3. Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask: When it comes to skincare I’m really basic. I don’t like to do too much. I’ve been looking for a good mask though when I need that extra boost and I’ve heard a lot of positive reviews on this product.
4. Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion: I am just literally head over heels in love with this scent. That’s just what it is and I don’t care!
5. Make Up Brushes: In the market for some new brushes. Looking specifically for a new blending and a pencil brush. I’ve been eyeing Sedona Lace as well as a Sonia Kashuk. We shall see what I come up with.
6. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo, Restorative Conditioner, & Extra Moisture Transitioning Milk: Still trying to figure out this whole transition thing. Doing great but looking for new products. Excited to finally try this line.
That’s it! Last month I went crazy so I’m keeping it short this month. What about you queens? Anything you’re excited to buy?
Peace, Love & Blessings
Founder & Editor of This Brown Queen